Retail News Breaks Archives
NACDS unveils Marketplace 'Product Showcase' winners
June 29th, 2011
BOSTON – Wrapping up its Marketplace Conference here, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores announced the winning vendors in the Product Showcase on the exhibit floor.
NACDS said Wednesday that more than 158 products ranging from health and beauty aids to seasonal items were on display in the Product Showcase, which provided increased visibility for suppliers marketing products.
As evaluated by the retail attendees, the winners of this year's Product Showcase were the following, by category, product and vendor:
• Baby Care: Lil Rinser, by Splash Guard (booth 1037).
• Consumables: MIO, by Kraft Foods Global (booth 1652).
• Cosmetics & Fragrances: bodycology Healthy Kiss, by Advanced Beauty Systems (booth 2559).
• General Merchandise: Wrap Watch, by One Source Industries (booth 1316).
• Health Care/OTC: Pedia-Lax, by Fleet Laboratories (booth 1222).
• Home Healthcare: Push Button Pill Boxes, by Apothecary Products (booth 967).
• Household Products/Nonedible Consumables: Purex Complete Crystals Softener, by Henkel Consumer Goods (booth 2107).
• Personal Care/HBC: Grime Boss, by Nice-Pak Products (booth 1053).
• Seasonal: Cuckoo Clock North Pole, by Mark Feldstein & Associates (booth 1735).
The four-day NACDS Marketplace Conference was attended by more than 204 retail companies representing 700 buyers, who conducted business with more than 450 supplier firms, according to the associations.
Retailers and suppliers representing over $500 billion in annual buying power attended this year's event. Suppliers and manufacturers held about 7,000 prescheduled meetings with category managers during the Meet the Market program. Attendees also had the opportunity to learn from retail leaders at the Meet the Retailer/ How to Do Business With sessions. Representatives from Chain Drug Consortium, Costco Pharmacies, CVS Caremark, Dollar General, H.E. Butt, Meijer, Rite Aid, Sam's Club and Walgreens gave insight on what retailers seek in a product and a company.
In addition, NACDS and the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) hosted a seminar to enhance collaboration between food and consumer product manufacturers and retailers in the drug channel. Seminar participants included representatives of General Mills, Hershey Co., Kraft Foods, Navarro Discount Pharmacies, Rite Aid and Unilever.
Attendees also had the opportunity to learn about investment opportunities from the star of ABC's "Shark Tank" Barbara Corcoran, who discussed how the television show has changed Angel Investing and the impact that TV has on retail sales.
And during the Business Program, Kantar Retail chief knowledge officer Brian Gildenberg explained the five "shares" that retailers and manufacturers need to grow sales in today's economic environment.
NACDS added that plans are under way for the 2012 NACDS Marketplace, to be held June 23 to 26, 2012, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado.